When I got to Steve's last night, I put a roast on, on top of the stove this time, like mother used to do. I warned everyone that I had no idea what time it would be ready, and they were just going to have to wait. Salt, pepper, onion, water. Simply delicious. (2 1/2 hours done)..Yeast rolls in the oven and baked potatoes. Hoping for leftovers for lunch today, but discovered my teenage son wiped it out when he came in last night.
I mentioned the camping trip, and if both homes are in order, we'll go the weekend of the 4th. I plan to call today and reserve a slip with electric and water hook up just in case. We won't be far from home, but away from home all the same. I think we managed 30 minutes of alone time last night. There are many many conversations that have yet to happen. Conversations that need to take place before we move back in.
I completed 3 loads of laundry, leaving only 2, but that is only until I pull down all of the curtains and run them through.
I have been begging for a clothes line for nearly 3 years. I have decided to get in touch with his father and ask for help. These quilts and linens are much fresher when dried on the line.
At least the sun is shining today, warm and breezy. Perhaps more outside chores can be finished today.
No comments:
Post a Comment