Friday, September 12, 2008

Little Hummingbird

Steve was working out in the shop yesterday at the Water Dept and two of the office ladies came out and went into a full panic.

There was a hummingbird that had somehow gotten between the florescent lighting and the rafters, and could not make his way out, bouncing back and forth. Steve told the ladies that he would get a ladder, but more than likely it will hit the burning lights before he can get to it.

When he turned around he heard a thump and looked around. The tiny hummingbird hit the floor.

He picked it up, removed the cobwebs and dust webs from its little beak, and rubbed out its feathers on its back, and he said it had the tiniest feet, but they were wrapped up with webbing too, so he gently freed the feet, and the bird flew off !!!!! It was saved.

This seems small, but I wonder if I look really hard, each day - can I find something small that means so much, and will be really big for others ?

No comments: