Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chores, Cleaning, New Animals

Dad called last night and said he'd be here on Sunday afternoon. I believe he'll be here for most of the week, although I will have to work all week, I hope to get some sort of visit time in with him. I don't think the kids are coming, "HE" will be working also, and won't let her stay with me and dad and leave him by himself. Who knows, maybe I can get Dad to run me up to Tulsa one day and we'll spend the day with them.

I will go at noon today up north of Alma to an outlet complex and get a HUGE flower pot for my plant. I have had this thing since Bryton was a baby, and somehow it has survived all this time. I saw one the other day that is really really tall, and realized that mine too should be really large - except the pot holding it is probably all roots, and no where to grow. Will try this and see what happens. Dad brought up a twig of a plant a year ago, from his olest sister's house, the Hearts on a String plant. That too, I will re-pot and hope it gets really big.

I have to line everyone out also, about the messy house, as I will let Dad stay at the house on 28th Street if he wants, but I will probably do most of my visiting up north, therefore, they WILL help me clean.

Yesterday the neighbor's son (Josh) came over and said "Shannon, did you now there are kittens in the barn ?"

"Well no - how'd you find them ? Will they let you pet them ?"

We treked through the tall weeds at the edge of the junk pile, and there they were. 5 beautiful kittens. One looks like a siamese, blond with dark brown ears and tail and bright blue eyes, one is gray with white feet and white chest and brown eyes, and two blond and orange stripes, and a solid black. CUTE CUTE CUTE !! (So I'm going to keep feeding them, maybe they'll grow up in the barn and the dogs won't eat them) At least they will help with the mouse population, and I don't have to let them in the house.

Sort of looking forward to my drive at noon. Who knows, I may stop on the way and snap a few pictures !!

No comments: